So it’s been a couple of weeks since I got back in the blogging saddle and continue my recovery from what has been a tough 12 months.
I have to be honest I am struggling with reintegrating myself back into family life.
Family life that I have inadvertently become so dissociated from.
However, I am striving to remain positive by going back to basics and have started with revisiting what my values as a Dad are.
Despite my various fears bouncing around my mind I am slowly starting to feel better and to put various things into practice.
My next step is to commit to a number of short term goals:
- Upon waking up each morning read with J to help her catch up with her reading for which she has fallen behind somewhat with at school
- Continue to get out on my road bike at least 3 times a week (if nothing else the feeling of dressing up in lycra is very soothing)
- Message my mentor each day to tell them how I am feeling
- To spend at least one date night with High Command each week to rekindle the romance in our relationship
- To complete the selection process to become a Beaver leader
- To record what I eat each day using MyFitnessPal to ensure I am sufficiently fuelled for my cycling
- To write and publish a blog post each day
- To continue to develop each day my plan for Ideas4Dads
- Tidy and sort my home office to make it conducive to a productive and creative environment
So there you go, my goals for the next month – I have set a reminder in my diary for 1-months time to review how I have progress
Do you set goals to help keep you motivated or do you think they are a waste of time?
How often do you revisit your goals to see how you are progressing?
As always it would be great to hear from you with your comments 🙂
Newsletter Sign Up
Pop your details below to receive our monthly newsletter packed with helpful hints and advice to help you become even better!