I have spent much of my life chasing that all elusive dream of permanent financial security.
Whether through the corporate rat run or running my own business.
The million dollar sell out to secure my own and my family’s future.
Somehow that when I achieve X and don’t have to do why Y then all will be ok….
Always striving, never just thriving in the moment and appreciating what is there is front of me.
I am a man of simple of pleasures but have a habit of being sucked up into the maelstrom of life and becoming lost in it.
Succumbing to the boiling frog syndrome that I believe is so common in Dads trying to juggle the many responsibilities they have in life.
I recently wrote about why I write a UK Dad Blog which certainly is a barometer for how I am feeling on any given day in terms of how engaged and motivated I am.
For me I know that I am at my happiest when I:
- Jump out of the bed in the morning rather than continually snoozing the alarm and rolling over to hide from the world
- Don’t feel a sense of overbearing fear and anxiety from the moment I wake up
- Want to spend time with my beautiful daughters
- Am loving towards High Command and creative in coming up with ideas of what we can do to spend time both as a family and as a couple
- Feel a deep sense of gratitude for the amazing things I have in my life (and I don’t just mean the shiny things but for the often overlooked things such as happy, healthy daughters; a roof over our head; food in the cupboards and flowing water from the taps)
- Motivated to earn a living
- Have my mischievous sense of humour in full flow
- See the magic and beauty in the simplest of things – a colourful blossom, amazing architecture, the clarity of a moonlit night
- Am happy for others whatever their news or achievement (rather than feeling jealous)
- Want to eat healthily and be kind to my body
- Enthusiastically want to get out in the fresh air on my road bike and exercise (I am definitely of the healthy body, healthy mind type)
What does happiness mean to you?
What are your warning signs that you are unhappy?
As always it would be great to hear from you with your comments
Pop your details below to receive our monthly newsletter packed with helpful hints and advice to help you become even better!